TMDR @ B.E.F. gig Rewind South Summer/15

Is he touring? Where's he going? Where's he been? Have you been to any shows? Tell us!
New Explorer

TMDR @ B.E.F. gig Rewind South Summer/15

Postby postpunkmonk » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:25 pm

I see on the Heaven 17 site, that there will be a B.E.F. concert at Rewind South at Henley-On-Thames on Sunday, August 23rd. For those who don't know, The British Electric Foundation is the "production company" that Martyn Ware started when he left the original [brilliant] Human League lineup. Under the B.E.F. aegis, he produced records for his own band, Heaven 17, as well as others. B.E.F. have recorded three albums [Music of Quality + Distinction vols. I, II, III] over the decades featuring electro/soul/funk interpretations of classic pop songs from many eras.

To date, B.E.F. have only had two concerts of this material. First at a tribute to Billy MacKenzie concert in 2007. Billy was a friend who had sung on the first two B.E.F. albums before his death in 1997. Then in 2013, there was a large concert staged at the O2 Shepard's Bush. Both of these featured many famous friends of Glenn Gregory and Martyn Ware singing the material to synthesizer backing. Green Gartside, Claudia Brücken, Andy Bell, Kim Wilde.

Now, there will be a third B.E.F. concert, and the biggest show for that concern ever at the Rewind South festival, and lo and behold, Thomas Dolby is listed as one of the vocalists in addition to Shingai Shoniwa, Robin [M] Scott, Eddi Reader, and Peter [New Order] Hook. I'd give a kidney to attend any B.E.F. event, but as I'm stuck Stateside, it's not going to happen. But UK Dolby fans might want to check this out! As he's not sung on any B.E.F. albums, I can only wonder what dusty gems Thomas will be given to sing with a new electronic sheen. I predict "The Secret Life of Arabia" or "There's A Ghost In My House" but anything could surface.
http://postpunkmonk.wordpress.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

There Can Be Only One

Re: TMDR @ B.E.F. gig Rewind South Summer/15

Postby Lunesse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:27 am

Long ways away....but so fun! Are you going to go? =)

New Explorer

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:29 am

Lunesse wrote:Long ways away....but so fun! Are you going to go? =)

It's not fiscally possible in the slightest for me.
http://postpunkmonk.wordpress.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

New Explorer

Postby white city » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm definitely going to be there. I have booked tickets already. THAT is going to be a killer weekend!!

Cheers,
Jon

Return to “Tour Talk and Gigs”